What is Karma Yoga – What Is It and What Are Its Benefits?
Karma yoga is often seen as the spiritual path in Hinduism. Out of the several paths, it is based on the “yoga of action,” the other practices include Jnana yoga (path of knowledge), Raja Yoga and Bhakti Yoga (path of loving devotion to a personal god). Yoga in India is most seen as a way to attain spirituality rather than physical fitness. It is the path of unselfish action to spiritual liberation. Its teaching says that everyone should act according to dharma without thinking of personal consequences and fruits if he or she is seeking spirituality.
Origin of Karma Yoga
The origin of Karma Yoga finds its traces in Bhagavad Gita. There is a whole summary written about the process of Karma Yoga. During a conversation between Sri Krishna and Pandava Prince Arjun, Sri Krishna explains several philosophical yoga systems and practices. Arjuna was worried about the big war, but Sri Krishna explains him Karma Yoga (Yoga of Action) which will help him to fight for what is right. This yoga form is based on philosophies of Reincarnation and Karma like many Hindu philosophies. Hindus believe that an individual is born for performing certain actions in his life. And if he or she fails to do in one life, he takes birth again to fulfill the purpose. This goes on and on until the karmas nullified and attain liberation.
Aim of Karma Yoga
The Karma yoga aims to liberate its practitioner from materialistic fruits and motivate them to work without thinking about the outcome. Karma yoga’s purpose is making meditation must in the routine of its practitioner no matter how much he or she is busy. It makes people to serve people and God selflessly without expecting anything in return.
Join Himalayan Yoga Association a Best Yoga School in Rishikesh to practice Karma yoga.
Physical, Mental & Spiritual benefits of Karma yoga practice
There are many yoga school in India that teaches Karma yoga. It has great benefits including:
- Contentment: You all want to get success in everything that you do from getting good grades in school to good pay in jobs. But still you don’t get satisfied, you still fail there is something more you can get. This wild goose chase will never end but practicing Karma yoga will make you feel happy about everything.
- Positivity: Karma yoga talks about ‘doing for others’. It will make you do work for others with utmost dedication even if it does not involve you or benefits for you.
- Motivation: When you do work for others then it will open several doors of opportunity for you and helps you to grow and learn more than you ever imagined.
- It makes negative feeling like hatred, ego, and jealousy disappear.
- It will teach the qualities of love, tolerance, and humility.
- It will help you forgo selfishness.
- Karma yoga will develop your power and inner spiritual strength.
Adi Shankaracharya who is known as the founder of modern-day Hinduism says that Karma yoga practice purifies the mind of its practitioners. During meditation and Karma yoga practices, you can relieve yourself of negative thoughts and troubling. It makes you egoless in your life.
Read More about Yoga Styles
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: [email protected]
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh