Utthanasana (Rising pose)
“Uttan” means “Rise” and “Asana” means “pose”. The English name is “Rising pose”.
Position : Standing
Spiritual Awareness : Mooladhar and Manipura
Physical Awarenes : On the straight back and leg muscles
Dosha Suitability : Pita
Introducery Asana : Tadasan
1. Stand with legs one metre apart with toes pointing outwards.
2. Clasp the fingers of both hands and let them hang loosely in front of the body. Inhale deeply.
3. Exhaling bend the knees sideways over the toes and lower the buttocks with the upper body and spine remaining straight.
4. The knees should bend outward in alignment with the toes, to help keeping the knee stable. Avoid bending forward. Descend gradually to 20 cm, 30 cm, and finally until the hands rest on or as near as possible to the floor.
5. Inhale, stand upright keeping the back straight.
6. During the squatting movement, trunk of the body should remain upright.
7. Practise in stages and continue for 5-10 rounds.
Followup Asana: Anantasan.
1. Especially good for women before childbirth.
2. Strengthens the muscles of the middle of the back, thigh, knees, and ankles.
3. Stretches and strengthens the muscles of the legs and pelvic floor.
4. The exercise develops stability and regulates the breath.
1. Beneficial for irregular menstruation or menstrual problems.
2. Helps with first two trimesters of pregnancy.
Precautions and Contraindications:
1. People with knee problems shall practice it gently.
2. Women suffering from prolapsed uterus.
3. During the last trimester of pregnancy, should be performed with precautions.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh