In Sanskrit “Uttan” means “Rise”, and “asana” meaning pose. The English name of this asana is “Squat and Rise Pose”.
Position : Standing
Type : Balance
Spiritual Awareness : Mooladhar and Manipura
Physical Awareness : On the straight back and leg muscles
Dosha Suitability : Pita
Introducery Asanas : Tadasan
- Stand with legs one metre apart with toes pointing outwards.
- Clasp the fingers of both hands and let them hang loosely in front of the body. Inhale deeply.
- Exhaling bend the knees sideways over the toes and lower the buttocks with the upper body and spine remaining straight.
- The knees should bend outward in alignment with the toes, to help keeping the knee stable. Avoid bending forward. Descend gradually to 20 cm, 30cm, and finally until the hands rest on or as near as possible to the floor.
- Inhale, stand upright keeping the back straight.
- During the squatting movement, trunk of the body should remain.
- Practice in stages and continue for 5-10 rounds.
Followup Asanas: Anantasan.
- Especially good for women before childbirth.
- Strengthens the muscles of the middle of the back, thigh, knees and ankles.
- Stretches and strengthens the muscles of the legs and pelvic floor.
- The exercise develops stability and regulates the breath.
- Beneficial for irregular menstruation or menstrual problems.
- Helps with first two trimesters of pregnancy.
Precautions and Contraindications:
- People with knee problems shall practice it gently.
- Women suffering from prolapased uterus.
- During the last trimester of pregnancy, should be performed with precauti.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh