UTTHITA HASTA PADANGUSTASANA-BBy Himanshu JoshiYoga
Utthita hasta padangustasana B requires you to have a good sense of balance as you turn your head to the opposite side of the opening leg. It gives you a great stretch to your hamstrings, and your glutes works a lot more than it looks and get strengthen!
1 – Stand with your right leg up after doing Utthita Hasta Padangustasana A (or be in the position of Utthita Hasta Padangustasana A).
2 – As you exhale, slowly open your right leg to the right side with your legs and right arm strongly straight. Keep the bottom leg strong and straight, your back is long and keeping a good posture. At the same time as you open your leg, turn your head to the left side and fix your drishti.
3 – Stay there with slow and long inhalations and exhalations.
4 – As you exhale, bring your right leg to the front and turn your head facing forward. Inhale with stillness.
5 – As you exhale, release your leg down to come out of the asana. If you continue to the next variation C, you will exhale and bring your head to the knee.
– Loosens the hip joints
– Destroys defects of the testicles and male organ of generation
– Purifies the vertebral column, waist, hips, and lower abdomen.
– Strengthen the arms, vertebral column, waist, hips, legs, ankles, lower abdomen, and muscles around the knees, thighs, and glutes maximus, psoas muscles
– Great stretch to the hamstrings
– Helps to cure constipation
– Improves the balance, stability and posture
Avoid this asana unless instructed any modifications by professionals if you have any of the below or feel uncomfortable any time during your practice.
– Injury at the hips, shoulders, the muscles in any part of the legs.
– Low blood pressure
– Balance deficits