Are you looking for some magic to happen so that you could shed off those unwanted pounds ? Surprisingly, there is something in store for you we offer Top 10 best home made (cleanse Juice) Detox Drink recipes for weight loss. And it’s not just one but many! There are indeed many detox drinks for weight loss & to get rid of the unwanted toxins from the body which cause digestive disorders, bloating and constipation.
The importance of cleansing or detoxification
Just as you remove your makeup every night prior to your sleep, the cleansing routine or detoxification is equally important to remember as part of your daily routine. Getting rid of unwanted toxins from the body is essential to foster a healthy body and mind. Here arises the need for a detox drink which will not only flush away the toxins but will also supplement the body with the required amount of nutrition without you having to worry about gaining any weight.
Ignoring the importance of detoxification is one of the main causes of weight gain and losing the glow. The common factors that trigger unhealthy skin and weight gain include eating out, pollution, stress ,alcohol, inadequate sleep and so on.
Here are some simple and easy-to-prepare detox drinks for weight loss that are rejuvenating for the mind, body, and skin.
Detox to rejuvenate
Are you looking for rejuvenation from within? Do you feel the need to get more energetic and on-the –go? Are you conscious about your overall well-being? Then what you really need is a body detox.
What is detoxification?
Detoxification is the process of eradicating contaminated or toxic matter from your body. Before you begin with any detox diet, do check with your doctor, particularly if you face any health concerns.
Three-quarters of people residing in the US do not have adequate consumption of fruits and veggies (As per the Office for Disease Prevention and Health PromotionTrusted Source). So the intake of drinks that contain fruits and vegetables can constitute a balanced diet and act as a source of nutrition demanded by the body.
Top 10 best home made detox drinks (Juice) recipes
The best part is that you can make most of these detox drinks at home! These drinks not only aid in detoxification but bring with them a vast array of benefits. Take a look at some of these awesome home made detox recipes for weight loss:
Morning detox tea
Want to detox your body and loose weight? Then try out the apple cider vinegar infused drink. Here’s the wonderful recipe that can benefit you.
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
- A dash of cayenne
Simply mix together all the above ingredients and stir. Your morning detox tea is ready for a sip!
Detox ginger lemonade
Who said detox drinks do not satisfy the taste buds? A ginger lemonade mixture is not only just yummy but is detoxifying too. Here’s how the recipe looks.
- filtered water – 2 cups
- lemon juice- half lemon
- apple cider vinegar- unfiltered , 2 to 3 tablespoons
- raw honey – 2-3 tablespoons
- sliced garlic – 1 inch
Another simple recipe where you just add all the above ingredients into your mason jar and give it a good shake. Your detox ginger lemonade tea is ready to sip in all through the day and keep you relaxed.
Detox green smoothie with chia seeds
If you find detox drinks boring, then go for this power packed detox smoothie made from all natural ingredients. Here’s the procedure to go ahead with this recipe.
- spinach- 1 cup
- almond milk(unsweetened)- 1 cup
- pineapple chunks (frozen)- 1 cup
- banana -1 will do
- chia seeds – 1 tablespoon
In a blender , put in all the above ingredients and blend till you get a smooth consistency. You can adjust this consistency by adding in more of almond milk if the mixture turns out too thick.
Cleansing cucumber lemonade
Add an interesting twist to your lemonade with this wonderful cucumber infused recipe promising taste and refreshment added by cucumber.
- Fresh cucumber (peeled/unpeeled) – 1 pound
- Fresh Lemon juice – 2 cups
- Water – 8 cups (divided)
- Raw honey – 2/3 cup
- Ice cubes – 12
Chop the cucumber and leave aside half cup of the cucumber sliced to garnish later. In a blender put in the chopped cucumber and add one to two cups of water in it. Blend it well and then strain the mixture by passing it through a fine mesh sieve kept on your jug or jar. Discard any pulp. Now add the ice cubes into the jar. Next heat one and a half cup of water on your stove on a high heat and wait for it to steam up. When it begins to steam, add honey. Keep whisking it until it melts. Pour in honey, water and lemon on the cucumber water and ice. Give it a stir and a sip to enjoy!
Green detox drink
What more could be a great way to detox your body than veggies! For the not-so-keen-on veggies too, this green detox drink can benefit you as you still get the necessary intake of veggies in liquid form. Here’s the simple recipe on how to make it.
- Carrots -3
- kale leaves-3
- celery stalks-2
- spinach -½ bunch
- cabbage -½
- parsley -½ bunch
- onion -½
- garlic -2 cloves
Take all the above ingredients in a blender, add some water, and blend. Your green detox drink is now ready to be enjoyed!
Cranberry juice detox
A cranberry juice detox works great for detoxification and protection of your body. This is yet another power-packed detox drink rich in vitamin C, manganese and antioxidants. Here’s the interesting recipe to create a flavourful detox drink out of cranberry juice.
- Cranberry juice
- Psyllium fiber
- apple pectin and
Take one part cranberry juice and combine it with water (four parts), along with apple pectin ( 1 tablespoon) and psyllium fiber (1 tablespoon) Now just mix it all together to be able to enjoy your detox juice.
If you are too lazy to make your own detox drink, you can yet find the ideal detox drink right in your kitchen! Indeed, green tea is a powerful detox agent packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants to aid in getting rid of toxins from the body. Here’s the recipe for those yet to try this healthy beverage.
Green tea is prepared differently as compared to black tea which is commonly made at home. Just follow a few simple steps to get your perfect cup of green tea. At the same time , it should be kept in mind that if the tea leaves are filled in water that is above 90°C, then it would turn bitter. So ensure the they are steeped in water which is not too hot. Follow these simple steps for brewing green tea leaves:
- Green tea leaves –1 teaspoon for 1 cup
- A tea strainer – washed and dried
- A cup
- A pot made of stainless steel
- Water -1 cup
- Take green tea leaves (one teaspoon per cup)
- Now, put these in a strainer/sieve and leave them aside.
- Boil water in the pot or pan of stainless steel. (you can also use a heat resistant glass teapot) . Remember to watch the water so that it doesn’t boil as the ideal temperature for the preparation of green tea is 80°C to 85°C. If you see it boiling, you can immediately turn off the gas switch and allow it to cool down a bit for around 30 to 45 seconds.
- Place the strainer or sieve on top of your cup or mug.
- Keep a teaspoon handy.Now pour in the hot water to your cup and allow the tea to steep for a duration of 3 minutes. Now at this stage you must be very cautious. Strong tea is not preferred by everyone . So do check if your tea is balanced. Here you can try out a spoon of tea and sip it every 30-45 seconds so as to get the correct flavour that suits your taste buds.
- Now, just remove the sieve and leave it aside. You could also add in a teaspoon of honey if you so desire.
- Stir in the honey in and allow a few seconds for the drink to cool. Now get ready to relax with your self-made , home-made cup of green tea!
Green tea is said to boost the immunity . It is an important source of catechins- a kind of antioxidants. These antioxidants forage the free radicals, and hence slow down the process of aging and avert the increase of cancer cells.
Apple cider vinegar detox
Apple cider vinegar -1 to 2 tablespoons
Water -8 oz
Honey or maple syrup (Optional) – : 1 to 2 tbsp
Other ingredients that you can add to this recipe:
Cayenne pepper, apple juice,lemon juice, ginger, cinnamon
Mix all the ingredients together and your detox drink is all set to relax your senses.Apple cider vinegar can also be incorporated into your diet through other ways such as:
- in salad dressings
- meat and vegetable marinades
- spraying it to your favourite popcorn
- combining it with green juice
- including it in your soups, or stews etc.
Some consume apple cider vinegar for many days, some others prefer to drink it for longer duration say a month and repeat the same for a few times in about a year.
Jeera Water – Your Ultimate Detox Drink For fat Loss
The ancient ayurvedic texts cited the health benefits of jeera (cumin seeds). Modern science has in fact verified a major part of Jeera’s health benefits. This is a popular ingredient used by the Indian kitchens for a variety of recipes on account of its nutty and earthy flavours that it adds to foods while simultaneously bringing about health benefits and is especially useful for those wanting to shed off those pounds. The easiest method to reap its benefits is via the consumption of jeera water. Here’s the simple recipe.
- Handful of jeera (cumin seeds)
- Water ( about one glass)
Simply take a handful of jeera (cumin seeds) , soak them in water and allow to rest overnight. Soaking them overnight will allow the seeds to swell up and result in the release of bioactive compounds in water. Try this concoction daily in the mornings to notice the difference in 10 to 14 days.
Benefits of jeera water:
- Low in calories : Only seven calories are found in a single teaspoon of jeera seeds!
- Full of antioxidants
- Good for digestion : drinking jeera water fosters a healthy digestive system
- Burns up fat and also increases the metabolism : jeera water is especially handy when you want to get rid of that stubborn belly fat
- Keeps a check on obesity and inflammation
- You may find the taste of cumin or jeera water as bland. So , try it with a pinch of cinnamon powder or lemon juice .
Slimming detox water
- orange – 1
- lime – 1
- lemon -1
- cucumber -1/2
- fresh ginger – 3 1/2″ slices
- mint leaves -25
- ice – 4 to 6 cups
- Cut the fruit and cucumbers into slices.
- Take a beverage dispenser or a large container and layer it with the ingredients and ice. Top with cold water .
- Let it steep for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Your slimming detox water is ready to be enjoyed!
Drinking water is said to be effective for aiding in weight loss. So adding some amazing ingredients will not only enhance its taste but also add extra benefits.
Top Related Post
- Factors That Cause Diseases
- Human Personality Mindset Types (Three Gunas) – Sattvik | Rajshik | Tamsik