In Sanskrit “Manduk” means “frog”, “Asana” means “Posture”. The English name of this asana is “Frog Pose”.
Position : Sitting
Type : Forward Bending
Spiritual Awareness : Manipura and Svadisthan Chakra
Physical Awareness : Abdominal push and breathing
Dosha Suitability : Pita
Introducery Asanas : Vajrasan
- Sit in Vajrasana with the back, neck, and head in a straight line.
- Make fists of both hands. Touch both thumbs and place the joint of thumbs on the navel.
- Press both fists against the abdomen and with exhalation start bending forward trying to touch the forehead to the ground or try to band as much as the body permits.
- Try to be in the final position as comfortably as you can and as long as you can.
- While coming out, inhale and take the position of Vajrasan.
- Repeat this four times.
Follow-up Asana: Balasan or Shavasan
- Mandukasana improves functions of all organs.
- Effective in reducing the weight of thighs, hips and the acdomen.
- Strengthens the lower parts of the loins.
- Increases sexual ability.
- Stimulates the digestive system.
- The benefits which Padmasana gives can be obtained from this asana also.
- Exercises pancreas and cures diabetes.
- It is a good exercise for heart.
- Helps with constipation and digestive disorders.
- It removes the defects of the reproductive system of women.
Precautions and Contraindications:
- Peptic or duodenal ulcers.
- Severe back pain.
- Cardiac problems.
- Patients who have undergone abdominal surgery should not attempt this asana.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: email@example.com
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh