In Sanskrit “Salamba” means “Supported”, “Asana” means “Posture”. The English name of this asana is “Supported Headstand”.
Position : Supine
Type : Balancing
Spiritual Awareness : Sahasrar chakra
Physical Awareness : On maintaining balance of the body
Dosha Suitability : Kapha
Introducery Asanas : Sarvangasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Uttanasana, Virasana
- Assume marjari-asana.
- Place the crown of the head on the blanket between the hands.
- Move the hands back towards each side of the knees and adjust the position so that the hands form the corners of an equilateral triangle with the head.
- The forearms should be vertical and the elbows bent.
- Lift the knees from the floor straightening the legs, and raising the buttocks.
- Walk the feet forward until the thighs are near the chest and the back is almost vertical.
- Slowly raise one foot off the floor, balance and then raise the other foot.
- Retain the breath. Utilising the arms for support, raise the legs and straighten the knees so that the body is fully erect.
- Keep the spine and legs in a single vertical line.
- This is the final position. Breathe normally.
- Hold the pose for as long as is comfortable.
- Retain the breath. Retain to the starting position. Slowly refold the legs and lower the body with control, in the reverse order, until the toes touch the ground.
- Remain in the kneeling position with the head on the floor for a short time.
- Slowly return to the upright position.
Followup Asana: Tadasana and then Balasana or Shavasana
Spotlight effects: Whole body balance.
As for sirsasana.
As for Sirshsana.
Precautions and Contraindications:
As for Sirshsana.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh