Karna (Ear Pressure Posture)By Himanshu JoshiYoga AsanaKarna (Ear Pressure Posture)
In Sanskrit “Karna” means “Ear”, “Pida” means “pressure”, “Asana” means “Posture”. The English name of this asana is “Ear Pressure Posture”. It is also known as “Knee-to-ear pose”.
Position : Supine
Type : Inversion
Spiritual Awareness : Vishuddhi and Manipurs chakras
Physical Awareness : Neck, ling, shoulders, vertebral column
Dosha Suitability : Kapha
Introducery Asanas : Sarvangasana, Setu Bandha Asana
- From Halasana, exhale, bend the knees and place them next to the ears.
- If possible keep the hands interlaced on the floor behind the back, if not support your back as in salamba sarvangasana (supported shoulder stand) whichever way you choose, be sure not to hurt the spine. You can keep the palms flat, fingers interlaced, or hug your legs with the knees next to the ears.
- You can close your close your eyes in this posture, as it encourages calmness with sense withdrawal.
- Stay here and breathe deeply for as long as
- In order to come out of Karnapidasana, support your back with your hands and straighten your knees to go back into Halasana. Then come to Sarvangasana by bringing your legs straight up into the air, Slowly bring your back and legs back down to the floor.
Follow-up Asana: Chakrasana, Matsyasana, Astavakrasana.
Spotlight effects: Neck, lung, shoulders, vertebral column.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs and thyroid gland.
- Stretches and strengthens the shoulders, back, and spine.
- Controls hypertension.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause.
- Reduces stress and fatigue and is good for calming the mind.
- Can be used to treat insomnia, sinusitis, infertility, headache and backache.
- The ears get an additional pressure through your knees at the sides. This pressure with the higher blood flow helps your ears to cleanse themselves and can increase your hearing ability.
- It also helps with diabetes.
Precautions and Contraindications:
- Neck injuries.
- Blocked arteries.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh