In Sanskrit “Vashisht” is the name of a sage, “Asana” means “posture”. The English name is “Sage Vashisht’s pose”.
Position : Sitting
Type : Balancing pose
Spiritual Awareness : Manipura chakras.
Physical Awareness : Maintaining balance and relaxing leg muscles.
Dosha Suitability : Vata
Introducery Asanas : Santolanasana
- Assume the position of Santolanasana. Breathe normally.
- Raise the right arm and roll the body over onto the left side.
- The outer side of the left foot must be firmly on the floor with the right foot resting on top of it.
- The right arm should lie along the right side and thigh.
- Balance in this position, keeping the body straight.
- Bend the right knee and take hold of the big toe.
- Straighten the knee and raise the leg to the vertical position.
- Turn the head and focus the gaze on the right big toe.
- Balance the body, keeping the legs and arms straight.
- Hold the final position for a short duration. Retain the breathe while in the final position.
- Do not strain.
- Bend the right knee and release the toe. Exhale, lower the leg and return to Santolanasna.
- Lower the knees to the floor and relax in Marjari-asana or Shashankasana.
- Repeat the practice on the other side.
- Practice up to 3 times on each side.
Follow-up Asanas: Kashyapasana.
Spotlight Effects: Balance and coordination of the whole body.
- Strenghens wrists, forearms, shoulders, spine
- It also makes the leg muscles supple, strengthens the arms and tones the lower back.
- It works on tight hip area and opens the hips and hamstrings.
- It strengthens abdominals for better arm balances
- This asana improves nervous balance.
- Improves balancing ability and concentration.
Precautions and Contraindications:
- Wrist injury.
- Acute carpel tunnel syndrome.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: email@example.com
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh