In Sanskrit “Garba” means “Womb”, “Pinda” means “round mass”. The English name is “Foetus in the womb pose”. This asana is called Utthankoormasana, the stretching tortoise pose or Embryo pose.
Position : Sitting
Type : Locking pose
Spiritual Awareness : Manipura chakras.
Physical Awareness : Maintaining balance and coordinating movements with breath.
Dosha Suitability : Tridoshic
Introducery Asanas : Padmasana, Kukkutasana, Tolangulasana
- Sit in Padmasana. Insert an arm between the thigh and calf of each leg and bend the elbows under the calves.
- Fold the arms upward and raise the legs. Exhale, hold the ears, balancing the whole body on the coccyx.
- The eves may be open or closed.
- Maintain the final position for as long as is comfortable. Breathe normally. In the final position the breath is shallow because the stomach and lungs are compressed.
- Let go of the ears, lower the legs and slowly release the arms from the legs.
- Cross the legs the other way around and repeat the pose.
- This asana may also be performed lying on the back.
Follow-up Asanas: Makarasana or Shavasana if required.
Spotlight Effects: Balance and coordination.
- This asana has a regulating effect on the adrenal glands and calms an excited mind.
- It massages and tones the abdominal organs, stimulates the digestive fire and increases the appetite.
- It also develops a sense of balance.
- It helps alleviate nervous disorders generally.
- Those who experience uncontrollable anger may practice it throughout the day.
- Helps with improving balance and coordination.
Precautions and Contraindications:
- Knee injuries.
- Spinal problems.
- Hip injuries.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: [email protected]
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh