In Sanskrit “Gow” means “Cow”,”Mukha” means “Head or mouth”, “Asana” means “Pose”, The English name of the asana is “Cow Face pose”.
Position : Sitting
Type : Tied position
Spiritual Awareness : Ajna and Anahat Chakra.
Physical Awareness : Hips, thighs, shoulders, chest, knees.
Dosha Suitability : Vata
Introducery Asanas : Baddha konasana, Supta Baddha Konasana, Supta Padangusthasana, Upavistha konasana, Virasana
- Sit in Dandasana, then bend your knees and put your feet on the floor. Slide your left foot under the right knee to the outside of the right hip. Then cross your right leg over the left, stacking the right knee on top of the left knee, and bring the right foot to the outside of the left hip. Try to bring the heels equidistant from the hips: with the right leg on top you will have to tug the right heel in closer to the left hip. Sit evenly on the sitting bones. This position is known as Dhyana Veerasana (in English known as Hero’s meditation pose.)
- Inhale and stretch your left arm to the side and then on exhale, tuck the forearm, tuck forearm in the hollow your lower back, fold the arm upwards, palm facing outwards.
- Stretch your right arm up above the head, with exhale fold it over the right shoulder. If possible the right and left finger.
- Bring the right arm behind the head so that the head presses against the inside of the raised arm.
- Spine is straight and head is back. Stay in this pose about 1 minute. Release the arms, uncross the legs, and repeat with the arms and legs reversed for the same length of time. Remember that whichever leg is on top, the same side arm is on top.
- Variation: From the full pose, exhale, lean forward and lay the front torso down on the inner top thigh. Stay for 20 seconds, then inhale and come up.
- Ardha Matsendrasana
- Marichayasana III
- Upavistha Konasana
Spotlight Effects: Hips, thighs, shoulders, chest, knees.
- Induces relaxation.
- Improves posture by increasing energy, awareness, and opening the chest area.
- Alleviate tension, tiredness, and anxiety.
- Relives stiffness of the neck and shoulders.
- Relieves backache, sciatica, rheumatism, and general stiffness in the shoulders and neck.
- Alleviates cramps in the legs and makes the leg muscles supple.
Precautions and Contraindications:
- Serious neck or shoulder problems.
- Knee injury.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: [email protected]
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga in Rishkesh | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Rishikesh