Position : Standing
Type : Grounding
Spiritual Awareness : Manipura
Physical Awareness : Stretch in the legs, ankles, groins, chest, lungs, shoulders
Dosha Suitability : Vata
Introducery Asanas : Baddha konasana, Vrikhasana, Supta padangusthasana, Utthita Trikonasana
- Stand in Tadasana (Mountain Pose). With an exhalation, step or lightly jump your feet 3 ½ to 4 feet apart. Raise your arms parallel to the floor and reach them actively out to the sides, shoulder blades wide, palms down.
- Turn your right foot slightly to the right and your left foot out to the left 90 degrees. Align the left heel with the right heel. Firm your thighs and turn your left thigh outward so that the center of the left knee cap is in line with the center of the left ankle.
- Exhale and bend your left knee over the left ankle, so that the shin is perpendicular to the floor. If possible, bring the left thigh parallel to the floor. Anchor this movement of the left knee by strengthening the right leg and pressing the outer right heel firmly to the floor.
- Stretch the arms away from the space between the shoulders blades, parallel to the floor. Don’t lean the torso over the left thigh: Keep the sides of the torso equally long and the shoulders directly over the pelvis. Press the tailbone slightly toward the pubis. Turn the head to the left and look out over the fingers.
- Stay for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Inhale to come up. Reserve the feet and repeat for the same length of time to the left.
Note: When you bend the left knee to a right angle, bend it very quickly with an expressive exhalation, and aim the inside of the left knee toward the little-toe side of the left foot.
Spotlight effects: Legs, ankles, groins, chest, lungs, shoulders.
Followup asanas: Bakasana, Utthita trikonasana, Vrikshasana
- Strengthen and stretches the lugs and ankles
- Stretches the groins, chest and lungs, shoulders
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Increases stamina
- Relieves backaches, especially through second trimester of pregnancy
- Therapeutic for carpal tunnel syndrome, flat feet, infertility, osteoporosis, and sciatica
Precautions and Contraindications:
- High blood pressure
- Neck problems: Don’t turn your head to look over the front hand; continue to look straight ahead with both sides of the neck lengthened evenly.
Get in Touch…
Addresss: Himalayan Yoga Ashram, Himalayan Yoga association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, 249137, Uttarakhand
Contact no. : +919760206223
Email Id: email@example.com